The nominees at the 2024 Grammy Awards are fresh out of the oven! We got ourselves huge names and artists that have dominated playlists, and charts and dropped the highest quality music over the last year. This time we will be looking at a specific category, “Best Pop Solo Performance,” which tends to draw a lot of attention, as many artists with the biggest fandoms are usually a part of the pop genre.
Now, get this fun fact: this year, all the nominees in the category are women. That’s right! 2024 was packed with strong, powerful ladies who blessed our ears with some of the most infectious and catchy tracks we’ve ever heard. For that reason, it is no surprise that experts decided to honor these successful and high-quality songs at the Grammys.
Let’s dive into the nominees:
- Taylor Swift – Anti-Hero: the biggest single from Tay’s latest album, “Midnights,” was honored with a nomination in the category. It’s probably the one song fans are going to think about when they go through the Midnights era.
- Miley Cyrus – Flowers: our Miley had a huge comeback this year with this song and her album, “Endless Summer Vacation.” For that reason, it would not be crazy to see her being nominated, considering Flowers is one of the biggest songs this year.
- Billie Eilish – What Was I Made For: even though Billie didn’t release any studio albums this year, she did participate in the Barbie Movie soundtrack – and it looks like the Grammys loved her contribution to the movie, as she earned multiple nominations for it.
- Doja Cat – Paint the Town Red: Doja also came back to the music scene with her album “Scarlet.” Out of the 4 singles she’s put out so far, this one is probably the biggest one, and it looks like the Grammys have a similar opinion.
- Olivia Rodrigo – Vampire: this certified bop by Olivia is the main single from her second studio album, “Guts.” Ever since its release, fans praised and said it was a Grammy Award-worthy song, and they were right!
Catch the Grammys’ ceremony on February 4, 2024.