Shakira has reportedly been worried about her father’s health since last year, to the point where she postponed her plans to move since her father wouldn’t be able to go.
William Mebarak, Shakira’s father, was scheduled to have surgery on Monday, but it was rumored that the procedure had to be postponed. The internet was surprised when the news broke since such a severe relapse was not anticipated.
Shakira’s father’s surgery will not go forward as planned in the hopes that he would recover, Javier Ceriani and Elisa Beristain revealed on the program “Chisme no like.”
Spanish media says that the medical staff in charge of Shakira’s father’s surgery made the decision to postpone the procedure for solely medical grounds.
Medical sources state that 91-year-old William Mebarak is not fit enough to undergo the procedure. They added that the procedure would be carried out as soon as the patient demonstrated that he was in a fit state for the procedure.
The ‘Vanitatis’ media said that the procedure “will only be carried out if it is safe for his health.”
The singer hasn’t provided any more information as of yet, but it’s anticipated that she will soon improve. And about his move to Miami with his children has not been confirmed in the near future, possibly until we know what will happen with Shakira’s father.